8th November 2012, Nottingham Gateway Hotel, Nottingham
This annual conference, now in its third year, demonstrated the benefits and potential use of nanomaterials in raw materials, inks and many coatings applications.
Nanomaterials are now having a major commercial impact on the coatings industry and this annual conference provides a platform for the UK community to discuss the benefits, as well as the challenges, faced by the market. Nano-enhanced materials are rapidly emerging worldwide in every industry imaginable, with the key areas of paints and coatings leading the way in delivering commercial applications
Manufacturers got a better understanding of the potential and use of nanotechnology and to address concerns about handling and processing of these materials, health and safety issues and possible future legislation.
- 'Advanced Anti-fouling Coatings' - Dr Alan Taylor, TWI
- 'Efficient Mechanical De-agglomeration of Nanodispersions' - Dr Steve Devine, Primary Dispersions
- Paul Brooker, tripleO
- 'Exploring the Opportunities of Nanoparticles to Enhance the Functionality of Coatings' - Ninja Hanitzsch, Head of Technical Service Nanotechnology, BYK
- 'New Advances in Printed Conductors for Plastic Electronics' - Dr Paul Reip, Intrinsiq Materials
- 'Corrosion Protective Paints Based on Active Inhibitor- Release from Functionalized Nanoparticles' - Dr Peter Schiffels, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials
- 'Silica-Nanocomposites - Ready to use products for the highest scratch and abrasion resistance in Coatings' - Marco Heuer, Evonik Hanse GmbH
- 'Trancond; an FP7 Project Developing Low VOC Nanotechnology Coatings' - Chris Price, APT Archimedes Polymer Technologies
- 'Overview of Woodlife Proejct and Steelcoat Project' - Dr Peter Collins, PRA
- Technology Pitch - Dr Ana MacIntosh, Business Development Manager, METRC
- 'Current Funding Opportunities' - Craig Sharp, UK NMP Contact Point
- 'Corrosion Projective Paints based on Active Inhibitor-release from Functionalized Nanoparticles' - Dr Peter Schiffels, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacutring Technology and Advanced Materials
- 'Safe use of Nanomaterials in Coatings Manufacture' - Wayne Smith, BCF
for the full Programme, including timings.