The BCF's prime functions are:
- to promote and to protect the interests of its members.
- to encourage the prosperity of the industry.
- to improve the business climate in which the industry operate.
- to provide an interface between the industry and the Government, other industry and non-industry organisations, the media and the general public.
- provides a forum for coatings and wallcovering manufacturers to discuss issues.
- agrees industry priorities and positions on commercial and regulatory matters.
- encourages industry best practice through the establishment of voluntary standards.
- monitors and anticipates legislative developments and other focuses on the coatings and wallcoverings industry.
- lobbies UK, EC and international authorities to influence legislation and other controls.
- develops and provides guidance and information to manufacturers and to their suppliers and customers on legislation and other requirements.
- provides industry training programmes and materials and awards qualifications.
- promotes the benefits of the use of coatings and wallcoverings.
- ensures value for money for its entire membership.
Activities are carried out by a team of professional, permanent staff well experienced in the industry.This is complemented by the enthusiastic and voluntary support and contribution of individuals and companies in membership, through the BCF’s extensive committee and communication networks.
See our Coatings newsletters - click on the photo to your right.